Try this amazing Upside Down Apple Cheesecake Dump Cake! It’s a sweet and simple dessert for Fall and the Holidays. It’s so good you’ll want to make it all year long. With flavors like vanilla, apple pie, caramel, and cheesecake what’s not to love?
Try these Holiday season recipes: Butterfinger Candy Rudolph Reindeers With Pretzels or Cake Mix Turkey Design Cupcakes For Thanksgiving
Why You Should Try Upside Down Apple Cheesecake Dump Cake
- This dessert is incredibly easy to make with minimal effort and time, making it perfect for busy days or when you need something fast.
- It combines the sweet, caramelized goodness of apple pie and cake with the creamy decadence of cheesecake.
- The “upside-down” aspect creates a stunning presentation.
- With the warm, cozy flavors of apples and cinnamon, this cake is the perfect dessert for the fall season like Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving.
- You can enjoy it warm or chilled. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Upside Down Apple Cheesecake Dump Cake is a crowd-pleaser. Both kids and adults will love it!
Baking Tips, Tricks, & Substitutions
Start by greasing the baking dish or pan you plan to use. This will make it easier to serve the cake and prevent it from sticking. I used parchment paper.
Drop small spoonfuls of cheese cake mixture evenly across the cake mix layer. This will create pockets of creamy goodness in your dessert.
Baking times can vary depending on your oven and the size of your pan. Start checking for doneness around the suggested time. The cake should be golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the cake portion should come out clean.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Box Vanilla Cake Mix – you can substitute any flavor of cake mix but vanilla, white, or gingerbread is best for this theme
- Vegetable Oil
- Whole Milk – you can use any liquid, even water, but whole milk makes the best texture
- Apple Pie Spice – a mix of cinnamon, ground cloves, brown sugar, and nutmeg
- Apple Pie Filling
- caramel – just from a jar is fine
- cream cheese – softened
- Cool Whip – or whipped cream
- Sour Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Crushed Graham cracker, pretzels, or pecans for garnish
Upside Down Apple Cheesecake Dump Cake
- Stand Mixer
- (9″x13″) cake pan
- Make the cheesecake filling first by combining softened cream cheese sour cream powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and salt and mix until combined and smooth
- Fold in the Cool Whip and set it in the refrigerator to chill
- Combine the cake mix with 3 eggs and mix then mix in the oil followed by the milk until the cake batter becomes smooth and lump free
- Line a pan 9″x13″ with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Pour the cake batter into the pan smooth out the top with a spatula and cook for about 15 minutes
- Let the cake cool to room temperature
- Spread out the pie filling followed by the caramel then chill it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Spread the cheesecake filling on top and crush some Crushed Graham cracker pretzels, or pecans for garnish
- For best results chill the whole cake for 4 hours to overnight
Other Fall Friendly Recipes To Try
- No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake with a Graham Cracker Crust
- Easy Chocolate Orange Cupcakes
- Cinnamon Sweet Potato Pie Cookies Recipe
- Brown Sugar Garlic Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
Turn dessert world upside down with Upside Down Apple Cheesecake Dump Cake! A scrumptious, effortless treat that’ll have you craving more.